If a hospital or physician’s negligence resulted in the death of your loved one, you are eligible to receive compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. The intent of a wrongful death claim is for the deceased’s family members to recover damages for their loss. We will explain the legal options you can pursue in order to mitigate the financial difficulties of your loved one’s wrongful death.
Hospital/Physician Negligence and Wrongful Death Claims
Medical malpractice and negligence cases are difficult to litigate because it is understood that medical professionals make mistakes since they are under a lot of pressure and deal with life and death decisions on a daily basis. Filing a valid wrongful death claim based on hospital or physician negligence requires proving certain elements. It must be shown that:
- the medical professionals acted in a negligent manner towards the patient
- the negligent behavior directly contributed to or caused the patient’s death
- the medical professionals’ actions were not reasonable based on the decisions that would have been made by other medical professionals under similar circumstances
Negligent Acts Committed by the Hospital and Physician
When a physician or health care provider commits an act of negligence that resulted in the death of your loved one, you need qualified attorneys who understand Georgia’s wrongful death compensation laws. You also need attorneys who know how to handle medical malpractice and negligent claims. We have successfully helped many families get the financial compensation they were entitled to receive after a loved one died because of negligent medical treatment. Some of the common negligent acts committed against patients are:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Prescribing an improper dosage of medication
- Recklessly handling surgery or other medical procedures
- Failing to diagnose or treat a medical condition
Contact an Atlanta Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
Call us at 404.835.8080 if your loved one died due to negligence acts committed by a physician or hospital. The Krause Law Firm offers free initial consultations in our centrally located Atlanta office. Our experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyers will evaluate your case and answer any questions you have. We are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the monetary compensation needed to help them deal with the financial consequences of their relative’s death.