Fire Causes Deaths of Two Brothers in Chamblee

Categories: News

A fire a few days ago in Chamblee claimed the lives of two brothers who had lived in their home for more than thirty years. The home was located on Parsons Drive, off of Peachtree Industrial Boulevard.

A nephew of the two men, Derrick Jett, said the brothers, identified as Charles and Russell Ford, were in their mid to late 50’s. Charles Ford was a Vietnam veteran. Jett thinks smoking could’ve caused the fire, as both men were smokers.

A neighbor tried to rescue the two men, but the heat was too intense.

The two men were found in a bedroom.

According to FEMA, each year 9,000 smoking related deaths occur in residential buildings, and 26% of smoking-related residential fires start in the bedroom.

What can an attorney do?

This is a situation in which you should call Krause, Golomb and Witcher.  We’ve worked for the insurance companies and have experience handling fire-related cases.

In one case, the fire was caused by the negligence of an electrical contractor that caused a short and loss of life and property resulted. In another, the gas to a hot water heater was improperly installed, causing further loss.  In both situations, we were able to successfully resolve the cases for our clients because of our experience interviewing witnesses, working with the fire department, and working with our own experts.