When injuries happen, calling upon the services of a brain injury lawyer Decatur, GA recommends for representation should be one of your primary considerations. Suffering a brain injury is likely to be a catastrophic event, and understanding how such a situation may have happened can be difficult for a victim to make sense of. Unfortunately, brain injuries are far more common than one may believe, and there are many ways that they might occur. When the worst has happened, the victim may experience debilitating pain and damage that may be irreparable. At The Krause Law Firm, we provide legal services that are supportive, professional, and knowledgeable. We are here to assist our clients when they need us most.
Understanding the “Why”
Following an event as devastating as a brain injury, it can be challenging for victims and their families to make sense of how such a travesty may have occurred. While sometimes, it can be impossible to make sense of why you or your loved one has experienced a brain injury, it’s essential to know that they can range in severity; common types of brain injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Fractured Skull
If you are injured, you may be wondering whether you should contact a lawyer for a consultation. The following are signs that may indicate that taking legal action is in your best interest:
- You have been injured and required medical care
- Your injuries have substantially impacted you
- You believe your injuries were the result of another’s negligence
- The other parties insurance company has contacted you with an initial settlement offer
Unsure of what to do next? Recovering from injuries can feel like a lot to manage, which is why talking with an experienced Decatur, Georgia brain injury lawyer may be the appropriate next step to take.
When the Worst Has Happened
When you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, it can be challenging to have hope for the future. The moments following the accident are sure to be full of unknowns. While there is a vast range of ways that such an accident may have occurred, we want you to know you can take specific steps to protect both yourself and any insurance claim you may choose to pursue. Consider doing the following if you have suffered a brain injury and believe that someone else can be held accountable for their negligence:
- Always seek immediate medical care
- Follow all treatment recommendations made by your doctor
- Keep an account of the accident and the days that follow
- Write down any information about how the accident has impacted you
- Keep all evidence that could be supportive of your case
- Do not speak with insurance companies or lawyers from the opposing side without consulting with a lawyer first
- Take the time to care for yourself
We Are Here for You
It can be difficult following a brain injury to know where to turn for help. While your family and friends may assist with the recovery process, you will need a legal professional to help represent you with your case. You are likely unsure of whether taking legal action is appropriate. This is a primary reason to consider a case consultation with The Krause Law Firm. We will gather details and ask questions about your case to understand the injury and its impact. Start today by contacting our brain injury lawyer serving the Decatur, GA area.